|Selling With Us|
1% Listing Fee*
Let us help you save thousands of dollars on the sale of your Oahu home or condo when you list with us. Keep more of your equity in your property - more of your money - when you sell.
We can provide you the professional assistance and great customer service you are looking for while maximizing your return on your sale.
In general, total listing costs are made up of two parts. The first part is paid to the company that represents you, the seller - let's call that the listing fee. The second part is paid to the company that brings the buyer - this is commonly called the co-op fee or co-operating broker fee. Add these two parts together and you have the total listing costs.
Many Oahu real estate companies will charge a total of 6%. They keep 3% as their listing fee and 3% is the co-op fee. The table to the right gives you an approximate idea of the amount that you save when you sell with us.
In comparison, we charge only a 1% listing fee* plus the co-op fee of your choice. This is how we save you thousands on your sale while providing the services you are looking for and maximizing your return.
- Your Hoku agent will be by your side throughout the entire sale process beginning with placing your property on the market until you receive your sale proceeds. Great customer service is our goal.
- Comparable Market Analysis, CMA, to see what recently sold and what your current competition is.
- Pricing advice to maximize your return within a realistic time-frame.
- Help with staging your property to make it as appealing as possible to buyers.
- Open houses for other brokers and the public.
- Advertising per listing agreement
- Property For Sale sign if applicable
- Input your listing into the local Multiple Listing Service, MLS, providing exposure to thousands of Oahu real estate agents.
- Listing exposure on-line via our website and over 16 other internet real estate websites.
- Regular updates from your agent on showings, agent feedback, market news and sales activity in your area.
- Effectively negotiate the sale of your home or condo.
- Guide your sale through escrow to a successful closing.
We'd like to hear what your selling plans are, visit your property, and discuss how we can maximize your return when you list with us.
*1% listing fee guidelines:
- The term "listing fee" refers only to the portion of the listing costs that is paid to Hoku Real Estate for representing the seller.
- Hoku charges a listing fee of 1% of the sales price per the listing agreement.
- The "co-op fee", which is the amount the seller is offering to the company that brings the buyer, is in addition to the listing fee.
- Your Hoku agent will discuss with you your options regarding the amount of the co-op fee which you decide to offer.
- The total listing costs are the combined total of the listing fee and co-op fee.
- If Hoku also brings the buyer, then Hoku receives both fees at closing.
- Hoku has a minimum listing fee of $4,000 independent of sales price (payable through escrow only upon a successful closing of sale).